Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Rotational Pull


So my new favorite thing to wear on slightly cooler days has involved variations on the following combination: cardigan, blousey patterned top, belt, favorite denim, wedge sandals. It's seriously the perfect combination of feminine meets comfortable. And with my midsection being what it is these says, I'm grateful for the the stylish camouflage!

Cardigan - LOFT / Top - Land's End via Gwynnie Bee / Denim - Lane Bryant
Sandals - Nine West / Handbag - Ruche
Necklace - Old Navy (?) / Ring - Ruche / Earrings - LOFT / Belt - Eloquii (part of different top)

The top, of course, is yet another "rental" from Gwynnie Bee. I don't think I would have purchased the top online on its own, and probably would not have bothered even trying it on in the store if I had come upon it. But it's a sweet little piece that I was glad to put in my closet rotation for a while! Reason #17215679 why I don't think I could live without my Gwynnie Bee subscription! The offer still stands for you to try out a month for free yourself!


In other news, a month has FLOWN by in my new-old life as a PhD student. It's been great to get back into the classroom, actually. It feels so natural and comfortable that I couldn't help but notice that my stress levels have diminished significantly. In some ways I've been having an identity crisis, however. Going from a titled position of relative "power" (not to mention a bigger paycheck and better benefits - boy do I miss my FSA) to the somewhat heedless life of a grad student and teaching assistant? Gah, I feel lost. But it's a means to an end, as I keep telling myself. Get this dissertation written so I can move on with my life and really make a dent in my career aspirations. And maybe, finally, settle down with a wedding and (gasp) kids! But having time (read: evenings and weekends) to myself again has been wonderful. I've even found my way back to the gym, and we're eating much healthier meals on a much more regular basis. Change really is good...



6 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! You've inspired me to see if some of those tops in my closet would benefit from a belt. And to give my skinnies a rest and pull out the boot cut jeans again :) I've had a 'closet identity crisis' this year as I moved from a "real job" to full time PhD studies as well. I don't need my pencil skirts and heels any more, but it's been tough to find casual stuff that I can wear to teach or to run errands on Saturdays. This outfit is perfect! Now, don't tell my bf, I'm off to do some shopping ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I am working hard at coming up with more casual outfits and you always give me great ideas!

    http://snaps-of-ginger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always look amazing! I wish had had big boobs because my mid-section wouldn't look so big! It's so depressing! Thanks for all of your inspiration! You are one awesome woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, It's been a while since I've stopped by your blog, I must say I love your hair color! As always your outfit is fabulous. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers,
    Lori in Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this top on you! Love how you belted it too...I can never convince myself to keep the belt on whenever I try to wear one hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Miss your posts ... I live in Brazil but it's like I've known you for all my life. Congrats for being such an adorable person.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!