Monday, September 24, 2012

Transitions


I just cannot seem to get caught up with my life lately. I'm overwhelmed at work, the apartment never seems to get clean, and I've been lucky if I eat anything other than granola bars and popcorn. The blog is only one thing that seems to have fallen a bit by the wayside, to be sure. I'm hoping to turn over a new leaf this week, however. It's something of a quieter week, letting me focus better while I'm at work, allowing to me to have more weeknights at home, and maybe getting a little balance back.


The cool, crisp days have been a godsend, of course, and I've been thrilled to break into all my fall wardrobe options! (Note to self: time to rotate the closets!) It's been a mild transition to the cooler days, but the longer sleeves and warmer color palettes have been exciting changes to my outfit options. In fact, I just decided that I need to add a pumpkin-colored pencil skirt to my arsenal. (Yay! Something new to scour the internets for!)

Cardigan - LOFT / Striped tank - Old Navy / Skirt - eloquii / Sandals - Nine West
Handbag - Furla

I'm also grateful for the cooler weather because of the the return of hot coffee! I've already had more than my share of pumpkin spice lattes, but I really just love having hot french press or vanilla caramel tea with splash of my beloved almond milk. I soooo wish coffee shops would offer almond milk already! There is nothing I love more than propping up of my feet in front of the TV, curled up in blanket, and sipping a hot cuppa.


Regardless of the temperatures, black and white stripes are always a good idea, and the classic silhouette of cardigan and pencil skirt will never steer me wrong.

Necklace- Banana Republic / Ring - TJ Maxx / Belt - Talbots


4 comments:

  1. Raising a mug to almond milk. Here ye o baristas of America! Take note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the color/pattern combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your go to pencil skirt look; its so classic.
    Life does get off track and behind sometimes; just roll with and you will come back to us regularly here in blogland when you can!


    Lisa@Dangerous Curves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pencil skirt combo too! I hope your week went better and you feel caught up now: it's so stressful feeling behind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting! Reading what you have to say truly makes my day!